Spring forward, it’s that ‘time.’ The luck o’ the Irish, St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th, and the first day of Spring, is March 20th. Earlier this March, our Windermere Luxury panel highlighted some interior design trends. Here are their insights:
Panelists agreed buyers are saying “get us a house.” They will transform it! Contractors recommend “get things on site” before starting production. Pre book designers and experts.
- Hardwoods previously refinished, are now factory finished (often distressed) and more durable. Did you know you can install radiant heated floors under engineered wood?
- Grass cloth-is making a comeback. Bold wallpaper-use small amounts for a statement.
- Fixtures-timeless and durable. Think transitional with a twist.
- Appliances-Induction cooktops. NYC and Berkley have banned gas in the kitchen. Raised dishwashers for easy use. Combo microwave/induction/air fryer/convection.
- Toilets-Washlets and bidets.
- Engineered stone such as soapstone and quartzite. Calcutta marble. Fabrics-restaurant grade. Trendy but not timeless, are round accent pillows.
- Heat lamps-outdoor ceiling built-ins.
- Folding patio doors to larger patios and decks.
- 2 master suites. Open concept kitchen/living, with other rooms that can be closed off.
- TV’s-invisible and showcased as artwork.
- Garage bay-becomes a gym, and/or a nicer walk through to the home.
- Outdoor living rooms, emulate interior materials. Laptops reconvene outdoors!
- Color is light dependent-White paint can transform a space-if the home gets good light. If the inside is shadowy, use some color. Layer textures such as drapes, throws, art.
If you’d like to ad value, and selling will be in your future, give me a call or share with a friend.
Real Estate Broker
503-860-6254 firstname.lastname@example.org www.kimkress.com